Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dick Sternberg - Panfish

Panfish: The Complete Guide to Catching Sunfish, Crappies, White Bass and Yellow Perch (The Hunting & Fishing Library) Panfish: The Complete Guide to Catching Sunfish, Crappies, White Bass and Yellow Perch by Creative Publishing international


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
It's a solid intro to the sport, with some extra detail and spots in too little in others. I got it largely for the photos (which are, for the most part, pretty impressive, esp. the underwaters shots), but I picked up some ideas here and there, too.



The odd thing about reading this book is that it feels a little like a time-warp, or at least a remove from what I normally read. There's no concern with catch-and-release here, which isn't too surprising given that it's a book on panfishing. Some of the techniques are just things I haven't seen discussed in a while, like peeling live crayfish, using chunks of perch to catch perch, etc.



All in all worth the read, and more worth the pics, but not groundbreaking or anything.


View all my reviews.

Btw, we'll be back soon with more stories. This site hasn't turned into a reviews mag.

No comments: