Monday, February 15, 2010

Doug Stange, et al - Channel Catfish Fever

Channel Catfish Fever (In-Fisherman Masterpiece Series) Channel Catfish Fever by Doug Stange


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There's some pretty great stuff here, but some of it needs to be updated and some of it gets repetitive. The authors should have worked more anecdotes into how-to sections of the book.

The system here is pretty basic, and easily grasped. There are some interesting rigs explained, and the discussion about the longer European rods is particularly intriguing. I prefer longer fly rods (particularly for nymphing), but usually use relatively short spinning and casting rods, which I might want to re-think for certain situations.

Anyway, it's a quick read, and useful for novice cat-anglers. I've got no sense of the literature on the subject, but this seems like a reasonable place to start.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: